Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ugh, I'm so bad!

I did it again - I'm totally slack. For anyone who does actually read this (anyone, anyone?) I apologize for the lack of posts. To be fair, life HAS been busy lately.

Okay, let's see - I'll do this blog-style and go backwards chronologically in this post, so you're seeing the most recent stuff at the top.

Last night, Josh and I went to one of the coolest events I've been to in Atlanta in a while. (I love when this city surprises me with its under-the-radar super effort.) It's called Rogue Apron, and it's essentially an underground supper club. The whole point is to basically bring back the social aspect of dining, so you're not going to a restaurant with the same people you always do, talking to only each other the whole time, and then leaving. Only new person you talked to the whole evening - your waiter!

So the way this works is they send out an email newsletter once a month announcing the type of cuisine the monthly event will feature. First, I don't know, 50 people or so to respond get to go. The location is not disclosed until the day before the event, and you're asked to donate $20 a person or volunteer in some way. We opted for the paying. Last night's event was called Mama Mediterranean, and it was hosted by this Italian guy who actually caters for a living. (I got the impression this is unusual for hosts.) Half his house was literally a kitchen. The amazing food included some sort of lamb skewer, falafel balls, eggplant yumminess, mushroom and sausage pizza (my favorite), and biscotti with fruit for dessert.

Some pics:

Everyone eating in the backyard at the picnic tables the host built for the event!


Dave from East Atlanta Brewery who partners with Rogue Apron and created a pale ale and bitter for the evening.


Our dessert choices

Next, in reverse chronological order, is that we set a place and date for the wedding! Finally!! Can't even tell you how excited we are!

So check out where we will be forever shackled to one another next May:

The Rockhouse Hotel in Negril, Jamaica!

Aside from being one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen, they are also good - the Rockhouse Foundation helps Jamaican children in need.

So we've now got lots of planning ahead of us!

And the last thing y'all have missed out on by me not being studious in my posts is my trip home to Philly a couple of weekends ago to surprise Courtney at her baby shower. First I got picked up at the airport by the best ever airport picker-upper Heather! She met me with the cutest little fake niece I've got, Natalie, AND a soft pretzel!


Heather and the cutie-pie


Natalie hijacking my phone


Apparently it didn't taste good enough to keep

Saturday was the shower at Court's mom's house. She did an awesome job decorating, and practically the entire house and backyard were pink.


Mom to be!


Mom and Grandmom to be!


Heather G. and her newbie, Trip


All the girls ... and one little guy


Erica, Heather G., Trip, and Tina


Me, Heath, and Miss Natalie


Opening presents


More presents


Cute cake!

And that's it! You are now officially up to speed on my life!

No comments: